Uber Technologies, Inc., commonly known as Uber, is an American technology company. Its services include ride-hailing, food delivery, package delivery, couriers, freight transportation, and, through a partnership with Lime, electric bicycle and motorized scooter rental.
The Summer Technology cAreer Readiness Program (STAR) at Uber is a 12-week paid internship for undergraduate first-years and rising sophomores. This program is for current college students interested in working in technology and opportunities with Uber after graduation.
UberSTAR is a program open to all eligible students and is especially committed to exposing students historically underrepresented in this field to career opportunities in the industry. Students from all schools and students who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented in the technology industry, including but not limited to Black, Hispanic, Native American, students with disabilities, veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Summer Technology cAreer Readiness Program (STAR) at Uber is a 12-week paid internship for undergraduate first-years and rising sophomores. This program is for current college students interested in working in technology and oAs an UberSTAR, you’ll have a direct impact on the customer experience for both riders and drivers. Do you like our service and want to bring them to the next level? Do you have a beef with our app and want to fix it? Then you should apply to join our team. We are results-oriented, engaged, and passionate about reinventing the transportation industry across the world. Not just another social web app: we are moving real assets and real people around their cities. Outside of your work, you will be building significant relationships with other STARS and Uber mentors through a variety of summer activities.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
- Must have completed an introductory Computer Science course.
- Must be first-year or sophomore (2nd year) year class standing at the time of application.
- Proven software engineering experience through previous internships, work experience, coding competitions, and/or publications
- Programming experience one or more application or systems languages (Go, Python, Ruby, Java, C/C++, etc)
- Experience building tools/infrastructure
- A desire to be part of a team that delivers impactful results every day
- Dedication to writing understandable, maintainable, and reusable software
- An innate desire to deliver and a strong sense of accountability for your work
- Ability to learn new languages and methodologies
- 12-week paid internship
How to apply:
Check out the OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION from here before applying.