The Facebook Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of paid tuition and fees, a $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs, a paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit, and various opportunities to engage with Facebook researchers.
The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. We also encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
- AI System HW SW Co-Design
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- AR/VR Future Technologies
- AR/VR Human Computer Interaction
- AR/VR Human Understanding
- AR/VR Perception, Cognition & Action
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Audio Presence
- Augmented Reality Audio
- Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
- Computational Social Science
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- HCI – Social Media, People, & Society and Technology
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Technology Policy
The Fellowship Award Includes:
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs
- A paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Various opportunities to engage with Facebook researchers
Check out the OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION from here.
Download the FLYER from here.