The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a global network of organizations that propel entrepreneurship in emerging markets. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits.
About Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE)
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a program within the Aspen Institute. ANDE is a global network of organizations that propels entrepreneurship in emerging markets. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits. Ultimately, we believe that SGBs can help lift countries out of poverty. Launched with 34 members in 2009, ANDE now comprises almost 270 members who collectively operate in more than 150 countries. The ANDE team is headquartered in Washington, DC, but has eight regional offices that span Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Asia. You can read more about ANDE here.
ANDE is looking for an Intern for our India Chapter, based in our Bangalore office or remote. This is a full-time position budgeted at 40 hours a week.
You are creative, but also detail oriented, and nothing escapes you. You enjoy steep learning curves and welcome challenges that will stretch you. You are always happy to help where you can, and quick to direct people to relevant people and/or resources when you can’t. You believe Small and Growing Businesses and impact businesses have the potential to drive prosperity in India. You are a team player and are quick to do what needs to be done to achieve team goals. You are bought into our ultimate goal of building a robust entrepreneurial ecosystem in India and the region to create long term sustainable economic growth and social equality.
This role will expose you to the small and growing business (SGB) and Impact Investing support sector in emerging markets and provide a variety of skill building opportunities including project management and communication. The individual will support the regional chapter with (1) operational and logistical support, including event support, Salesforce updating and note taking and (2) curating and executing communication plans for ANDE India through sector updates and social media.
Each day will be different, but this role will provide exposure to a wide variety of skills and skill
building opportunities, with certain skills being of priority importance.
The individual will be expected to:
- Provide virtual event support by managing event logistics and coordinating with participants
- Provide planning support for upcoming chapter in-person events by venue scouting, liaising with vendors and participant-related logistics
- Provide general support for our ongoing initiatives, supporting the team on other various administration, operations and HR activities
- Manage and assist with external communication for ANDE events, articles and updates, through social media and regular newsletters
- Support chapter communications and outreach; helping to create invites, announcements, and newsletters; and managing and updating contact lists in our Salesforce platform
- Document ANDE India’s strategic sector convenings, for outreach and dissemination
It will also be good to have:
- Interest and some experience in assisting in compiling knowledge offerings on gender, environmental action and decent work, in the SGB sector
Preferred start date – 1st October 2021
Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- A recent graduate majoring in Communication, Journalism, Economics, Commerce, Marketing and Public Relations, International Relations, International Development Studies, Business Administration or similar;
- Creative and detail oriented;
- Someone who excels at organization, time management and multi-tasking with a high level of quality;
- Someone with excellent language communication and organizational skills;
- Someone who has excellent interpersonal skills, energy and initiative;
- Knowledge of communication or design tools, such as Canva, social media management, media relations and events management;
- Someone with Basic Microsoft Office knowledge – Word, Excel, Power Point;
- Interested in working in the entrepreneurship and social business sector;
- Experience working with other cultures (cross-cultural communication skills) is a plus;
- Inclination and interest in conducting literature reviews to shape regional knowledge offerings is a definite plus.
- Experience working for a global network of organizations in the entrepreneurial and impact investment space in emerging markets.
- Great opportunity to learn operations skills that are transferable across a variety of sectors.
- An opportunity to learn and connect with ecosystem actors – including investors, accelerators, corporations and foundations, and learn about the challenges and opportunities of the sector in India.
- Opportunity to collaborate with staff and members across the globe
- Full-time/Part-time – 3 months (October-December) – we offer flexible arrangements based on the right candidate’s requirements.
- Remote / Bangalore
- INR 10k – 20 k/month (based on candidate’s experience and full-time or part-time role)
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Saipriya at [email protected].
Maximum two (2) pages.
This position is open to local applicants from the region. Applicants must have all necessary
permissions to work in India/ an Indian bank account.
Check out the OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION from here.