HackerRank is a tech company that focuses on competitive programming challenges for both consumers and businesses, where developers compete by trying to program according to provided specifications.
Applications are invited for the post of software engineer Intern at HackerRank 2021.
About the Internship:
If you’re happily obsessed with writing great code that will be used by other great engineers around the world, read on – this just may be the perfect role for you. HackerRank is looking for high potential Hacker Interns to join the team of world-class full-time Hackers as we build the most engaged community of Developers.
World class mentors, great culture and amazing people and opportunities to make a difference all in a real world scenario and right at the beginning of your career! If this sounds exciting, read on…
- Each one of you will be paired with a mentor, who will support you throughout your internship.
- You get to push your code to prod and contribute to meaningful & real-world projects right from your first month.
- Transparent communication is the key metrics binding all of us here. You’ll have access to all the information needed including the company’s progress every week directly from the Executive team.
- You’ll have direct access to all employees in the company and can always challenge the status quo enabling you to be more data driven.
- Whether you’re graduating and seeking a full-time position after your internship, or hoping to return for another internship next year, you’ll be considered for a returning offer during your internship.
- You get to design your own internship page with your batch. Glance through the previous years’ pages 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 winter, 2018 summer, 2019 winter, 2019 summer, 2020 winter, Indy 2020 winter, 2021 winter and 2021 summer.
- Remote – full time
- Six months
- Anyone with the skillset mentioned below (in: steps to apply) can apply. Be it a first year student or already graduated. HackerRank is looking at someone with the right skillset and passion.
Steps to apply:
- Solve 3 challenges
Visit https://www.hackerrank.com/contests/hackerrank-internship-challenges/challenges and solve all three challenges in that page. There is no time limit to solve these challenges. These challenges are not your standard DSA questions, but simple coding questions. All we want to check is whether you can translate from English to (C/C++/Python or Java….). This round is not intended to understand your dynamic programming or BFS/DFS skills. But we need to ensure you can code simple programming challenges before we consider you for the next round. Please make sure you mention your HackerRank profile (with which you solved the three questions) in your resume.
- Create a resume.
Go to hackerresume.com and create a resume there. ONLY the resumes created at HackerResume will be considered for the internship.
Why do we ask for resume in this format? Your resume is actually reviewed by Hari, the CTO of HackerRank. He accepts of having “well designed resume bias”. Everyone (including Hari) likes a good resume. But in an ideal world, only your work/skill in the resume should matter. Design of the resume should not decide whether you are selected to the next round or not. To avoid this bias completely, we are trying to get all the resume in a single, simple & same format.
Also, we’ve picked one of the best resume template out there to create a resume for you. We’ve also followed some of the best practices from the book https://thetechresume.com/ so that you don’t have to do all the hard work. We hope even if things don’t end well with HackerRank internship, this resume is helpful to you.
- Upload your resume
Come back to this page, scroll down and Apply to the job below only with your HackerResume. DON’T USE THE APPLY VIA LINKEDIN OPTION.
If you have any questions about the above mentioned steps, write into [email protected].
Check out the OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION from here before applying.