Youth Climate Champions at Restless Development has announced an amazing opportunity for students to work and understand climate-related issues. It is a student partnership program where one can go and work to find solutions to issues related to climate change.
To know more about the internship stay hooked on the post for information.
About Youth Climate Champions at Restless Development
In India, Restless Development is registered as Student Partnership Worldwide India Project Trust. It delivers programs in Bihar, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, and Delhi at present. During the last 6 years, they had reached out directly to over 1,500,553 young people across these states. Restless Development works through the model of young volunteers and youth-led networks that lead and deliver transformative change.
So they are launching a new program called ‘The Youth Climate Action Lab’ in Bangalore and as part of this initiative are recruiting 12 Youth Climate Champions to lead our accountability Interventions.
About Restless Development
Restless Development is an agency for youth-led development. Through 10 global hubs, their work is delivered by young people, for young people, giving them the skills and resources to deal with the main issues facing their communities and countries. Tackling unemployment and sexual rights, supporting young people to have a voice, and enabling youth leadership at the heart of development, Restless Development programs are genuinely life-changing.
- Role title: Youth Climate Champions (Part-Time, approx 8 hours a week)
- Location:12 positions in Bangalore
- Stipend : Rs.10,000 per Month
- Additional details: Available & willing to work in the identified communities on the field
- Reports to: Programme Coordinator
What you will do?
At Youth Climate Champions at Restless Development the fellow Youth, Climate Champions will work in the identified areas of Urban Bangalore, lead on identifying the challenges arising from the impacts of climate change and raise awareness to mobilize communities to take action about the real barriers between climate change and the people in the informal settlement colonies.
- Between 18-29 years old
- Passionate and driven about youth development, and the role of young people as partners and leaders in decision-making
- Committed to finding solutions to issues related to climate change
- Joining in their capacity
- Having some expertise or experience with regards to knowledge/understanding of climate change and informal settlements or have been involved in the advocacy work around Climate Justice.
- Have some prior experience and interest in social science research around climate justice (no worries if you don’t)
- Having enough time and capacity to commit to this project Diversity of the group will be taken into account in the selection of Researchers, in terms of gender representation, LGBTIQ, disability, ethnic minorities, etc
- Some tertiary education, current student, or equivalent work experience in digital technologies and youth engagement.
- Some Experience in engaging with, designing, or implementing programming or digital platforms on
- Experience in conducting or studying qualitative research methodologies and analysis, including key informant interviews and focus group discussions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Commitments Required for Youth Climate Champions at Restless Development
- Are available to contribute at least 4 to 8 hours per week to the Youth Climate Action Lab project (this is a general estimate time, but might be more or less depending on activity plans)
- Have regular access to the internet, and are responsive to requests and deadlines;
- Available to attend a 5-day in-person training in the 4th week of April 2022 in Bangalore (fully funded; Online/Offline- dates to be confirmed)
- Are available to participate in workshops and other training sessions that will be spread out in the course of the overall involvement.
- Do preparatory readings ahead of the in-person training;
- Attend global or regional events and meetings (where opportunities arise).
- Youth Climate Champions commit to being involved in the project for one year, from April 2022 until March 2023.
Also Read: Sales Intern | HackerRank | 2021
How to Apply for Youth Climate Champions at Restless Development?
Step 1: Read the Terms of Reference to meet all of the requirements listed, and are invited to complete the online application form.
Step 2: Fill out the application form by 4th April 2022.
Note: They DO NOT accept CVs, resumes, or cover letters.
For any questions about the Youth Climate Action Lab project or the application process please email [email protected]