The National Parks Conservation Association is the only independent, nonpartisan membership organization devoted exclusively to advocacy on behalf of the National Parks System.
Inviting applications for Interns. Check out the details below!
NPCA is looking for an intern to help further our environmental justice advocacy, related to our work to decrease air pollution. The Environmental Justice Intern will conduct an in-depth assessment on how NPCA has advocated for environmental justice through internal documents, data, and other materials, and then provide comprehensive recommendations on how to further our advocacy and engagement. The intern will utilize a broad range of research skills to develop an internal resource toolkit for NPCA staff to employ in advocacy for environmental justice and air pollution reductions in support of achieving a just transition to a carbon-free future. The Environmental Justice intern may also identify and interview stakeholders in the environmental justice and just transition movements who can help deepen NPCA’s work in environmental justice. The intern will present their recommendations and toolkit at the end of their internship to the Clean Air Team and other NPCA staff or councils as applicable. The intern will have one supervisor but will be part of the Clean Air Team and the ad hoc environmental justice working group so will have additional support from a variety of staff across the organization.
- Experience with or demonstrated interest in environmental justice communities, issues or theories
- Strong research, analysis, and writing skills
- Must be able to work independently with occasional guidance
Describe the tangible deliverables(projects, outcomes) that will be achieved:
- Priority work products to complete: Research and analysis of internal and external documents, resource toolkit, final recommendations, and presentation to staff.
- Other products (blogs, topline takeaways, etc.) to be determined between supervisor and intern
- Intern will gain in-depth knowledge about environmental justice and air pollution and the intersection between the two; introductory understanding of complex pollution source and demographic data; and basic knowledge on how advocacy campaigns are developed and implemented.
- Intern will gain experience with research, soliciting data (calling external partners, interviewing/talking with staff, etc.), and creating final work products
- Intern will gain experience working on a professional team of policy advocates and communications staff and help NPCA further its goal of ensuring environmental justice is implemented across our work
- 15 Hours per week (Remote)
Ideal work schedule:
Flexible, but should have some core working hours to match supervisor (time-zone dependent)
How to apply:
Check out the OFFCIAL NOTIFICATION and DIRECT APPLY from here.