NITI Aayog is developing itself as a state-of-the-art resource centre with the necessary knowledge and skills that will enable it to act with speed, promote research and innovation, provide strategic policy vision for the government, and deal with contingent issues. It is supported by two attached offices—Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Development Monitoring and Evaluation Organisation (DMEO)—and an autonomous body, National Institute of Labour Economics Research and Development (NILERD).
About the Internship:
NITI Aayog announces the revised NITI Internship Scheme. This Scheme seeks to engage students pursuing Under Graduate / Graduate / Post Graduate Degrees or are Research Scholars enrolled in recognized University/Institution within India or abroad, as “interns”. These ‘interns” shall be given exposure to various Verticals/ Divisions/Units within NITI Aayog and would be expected to supplement the process of analysis within NITI Aayog through empirical collection and collation of in-house and other information. For the ” Interns” the exposure to the functioning of the Indian Government may be an add-on in furthering their future interests.
To allow short term exposure of “selected candidates ” with the different Verticals/ Divisions/Units of NITI Aayog, Government of India as ‘Interns’. A list of domains / areas for which Internship is invited is enclosed as Annexure ‘A’
- To allow young academic talent to be associated with the NITI Aayog’s work for mutual benefit.
- The “interns” shall have an opportunity to know about the Government functioning and Development Poly issues in Government of India and contribute to the Policy formulation by generating policy inputs such as empirical analysis, briefing reports, policy papers, etc.
Bonafide students of any recognized University/ Institution within India or abroad, fulfilling following conditions are eligible to apply for the internship:
- Under-graduate students, having completed/appeared in the term end exams of second year I 4th, semester of the bachelor degree course and secured not less than 85% or equivalent marks in 12th class.
- Graduate students having completed / appeared in the term end exams of first year / 2nd semester of their post graduate programme or pursuing research / PhD and secure not less than 70% or equivalent marks in graduation.
- The students who have appeared in the final exam or just completed Graduation / PG and waiting for admission for higher studies may also be considered for internship provided that :
- They have secured 70% or more cumulative marks in all the years / semesters of their graduation / post-graduation till the date of application.
- The period between the month of declaration of result of final exam and the desired month of internship should not exceed six months e.g. if the result is declared in the month of June then he / she can apply for the internship beginning till the month of December.
- Six weeks (40 days approx.)
How to apply:
Check out the OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION from here before applying.